Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday, February 24, 2011

JIM CAIN

Several years ago there was a big counterfeit ring up north out of Chicago. One of their big engraving machines went haywire and printed out a bunch of $15 bills. One of the counterfeiters said, what in the world are we going to do all these $15 bills?”
His partner said, “I’ll tell you what we can do. We’ll go down to Mississippi where they’re not too smart and we’ll go around to some of those country stores and get them changed and bring the good money back here with us.”

Several weeks later they ended up in Williams store outside of Meridian. One of the counterfeiters went up to the woman behind the counter and asked, “Mam, do you run this store?” “I not only run it I own it," she replied. “Well," said the man. “I got a $15 bill here and I’d like to get it changed.”
“Sure darling,” she drawled. “I’d be glad to do it for you. How would you like it? Do you want 2 sixes and a 3 or 3 threes and a 6? Or would you rather have 5 three dollar bills?”
       
Have you heard so many lies and false hoods that just aren’t sure what the truth is anymore? If so, let me invite you to join us in worship this Sunday as we look at the truth, God’s Word, and how it applies to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment