Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

JIM CAIN



Good Morning!



When I hung up the phone I felt helpless. A friend of the family was suffering a great amount of pain after surgery, and there was no way for me to be there to lend my support. There

was over 200 miles that separated her from us, and the phone calls I made to be encouraging just seemed so inadequate under the circumstances of her illness. I prayed for her over the

phone, but I wished there was more I could do to help shoulder her burdens. If only we lived closer I thought time and time again. And then it hit me! Praying for her was not the only

way I could help, it was the best way!



Physical help could be beneficial, but prayer was the greatest way to serve the one I cared about. Showing love and support through prayer made me an active participant in God's work

in the comfort and healing in the life of a friend we held so dear. I know understood that praying for those we love moves God to powerful and compassionate action.


No comments:

Post a Comment