Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

JONATHAN

Good morning! I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor for Student Ministry at Central United Methodist Church in downtown Meridian. I’ll admit that I listen to Christmas music year-round, simply because I enjoy it. In the last few years, I’ve noticed that our culture seems to begin to promote all things Christmas as early as the month of August. I’ve also noticed that as soon as Halloween is over, it just about seems that we’ve officially entered the Christmas season. While I love Christmas music and the season, let's not forget Thanksgiving.

Giving thanks is a way to show your appreciation for something or someone. I’ve found that it’s a mindset that requires daily efforts. What or who do you appreciate? Did you know that constantly giving thanks can help lower stress? I appreciate that! So as we approach Thanksgiving, I encourage you to be mindful of what you are thankful for and I encourage you to express it.

No comments:

Post a Comment