Thursday, December 21, 2017

Thursday, December 21, 2017

TIM
 Good morning, I’m Tim Wise, Sanctuary Choir Director at Central. Have you ever imagined how you might react if an angel came down to you and told you “do not be afraid…”? I think we can all agree that we would do quite the opposite...we would be very afraid. Often times, God will call us to do things that may seem difficult or downright impossible. In my personal experience, God likes to do that. He likes to make us uncomfortable. If you can honestly tell me you have read the Bible and have not found anything uncomfortable, then I want to read your Bible because mine must be very different. When God calls us out of our comfort zones, we cannot resist. We have to recognize that we are His body, and he needs us to do things we may not like. When the angel of the Lord appeared to Mary and told her she would conceive Jesus, her response was, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” So, if you find yourself afraid of what God has called you to do, it’s okay. Be afraid. But accept the calling and acknowledge that you are his servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment