Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

BOB Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central, a United Methodist Community here in Meridian. A man in a real hurry was sitting at a stop light. When the light changed to green, the lady in front of him did not obey its command – a green light IS a commandment – NOT a suggestion. When the light turned to red, and she had still not moved, he began screaming and beating on his steering wheel. He was interrupted by a policeman, tapping on his window. "You can't arrest me for hollering in my car," he exclaimed. But the officer ordered him into the back seat of the patrol car. After about two hours in a holding cell, the arresting officer advised him he was free to go. "I knew you couldn't arrest me for what I was yelling in my own car.” "The officer replied, "I didn't arrest you for shouting in your car. I saw you screaming and beating your steering wheel, and I said to myself, "What a jerk. Then I noticed the 'Cross' hanging from your rearview mirror, and the Fish symbol, and I thought you must have stolen the car." How do YOUR actions match up with what YOU profess and proclaim?

No comments:

Post a Comment