Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Instructions

I bought one of those assemble it yourself furniture pieces for my office recently. I had assembled similar things before so I was fully confident that this would be a snap to put together. An hour later I still did not have it assembled and had just realized that I was going to have to take it apart and start over again for the third time. Just then my good friend Jim Wall came in. I expressed my frustration to him. He asked, "Have you read the instructions?" "No, of course not, this ought to be a breeze to put together." He took the directions out of the box and with his help I followed exactly what they said to do. In no time it was neatly assembled and looking good. A lot of us approach life that same way. We are confident that we know how to live - until we don't. And then we become frustrated and angry at life. But there are instructions. If we would only read them. The Bible gives us a blueprint and day by day instructions for living and coping with life's unexpected difficulties. Have you read your instructions for living today?

Bob Peden

No comments:

Post a Comment