Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

JOHN BRANNING



Good Morning! I'm John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. In November of 2010 I deployed to Iraq with the 1-185th Army Aviation Battalion serving as Task Force Griffins' Chaplain. While I was in Iraq, I spent a lot of time counseling both military and civilian individuals. The truth that I found in counseling others is that no matter where you are in life there is always a struggle for personal peace.

All of us desire to lay our heads down at night and to feel rested when we arise in the morning. Yet, there are many struggles that we face that try to take away our peace. Struggles in our family, finances, job or any other obligations can at times contribute to a mountain of stress in life.



Jesus said that he came to give us peace. This peace is not found in an absence of problems but in a faith that proclaims that God is bigger than the problem, and that we belong to him. I invite you to visit us at Central UMC and learn about the peace that passes all understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment