Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DENNIS

Merry Christmas everyone. I am Dennis Gossett of Central United Methodist Church.  As a young boy, I remember getting a brand new yellow bike. I was so excited; it had a red seat with red tires. This was my most prized possession. Over the next few months, my new bike did not look so new anymore. It had a few scratches on it. The chain was rusting and the grips on the handle bars were tearing. I was not taking as good of care of it as in the beginning. Soon, I started leaving it out in the weather. By the time summer rolled around, I had lost all interest and was hoping for a new one.

This time with the bike is a lot like our adult life experiences. There are new things in our life that seem great for a moment, but soon we lose interest as it gets a little worn. We become bored and desire something newer.

Jesus wants us to experience a faith that will always be Renewing. Come and be a part of us, as we experience the newness of life together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment