Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

John

Good Morning! I'm John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. We are only a week away from Christmas, and I am more excited than my three sons. I love the decorations, music, and all the memories that are associated with this season.

As a child, my Father would tell me about Christmas when he was a boy. He was raised at the end of the great depression and money was scarce. He would tell me about the excitement of getting oranges, apples, and different types of nuts. A pocket knife was the prized gift that would be waiting for him. As he would tell me these stories, you could tell that they were wonderful memories.

This year we need to spend more time making memories than we do spending money. Jesus will arrive to save us from our sins in a manger and stable not a penthouse suite. He will be surrounded by shepherds and farm animals and not Christmas trees and presents. Do something special this year and make a new memory that will last a lifetime with those you love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment