Thursday, November 6, 2014

Thursday, November 6, 2014

GLENDA

Good Morning:

Many years ago when my son was in first grade, I taught 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade choir at Central. We would meet once a week and since I had no one to keep my 3 year old daughter, she went with me. Turned out, she was one of my best singers; however, she didn't always say the correct words. One of the songs we sang had these words: “Jesus, Jesus, Can I tell you how I feel? You have given me your riches. I love you so.” Tiffanie sang it as “You have given me your britches. I love you so.”

When the other children laughed at her rendition, she got kind of upset. I told her she had the right idea because God would give us what we need —after-all, he gave us the most important gift he had.....His Son, Jesus Christ....why wouldn't he give us His britches if he thought it necessary? I can't sing that song now, without singing it the way Tiff sang it.

God is there for you, whatever your need. Remember that and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment