Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

JIM CAIN

I'm not really that great at texting. When I first got my cell phone, students would text me and normally call me back before I would have time to finish typing out my reply. I'm just a little slow at it, although I am getting better. I still prefer hearing someone’s voice on the other end of the line. And the lingo changes so fast that by the time I learn the text messaging abbreviations everyone is using, the new sixth graders in the youth group have a whole new set.

Personally, I prefer real language in actual words myself. I miss the descriptive words and details that we get away from when we email and text so much.

I'm thankful that God didn't leave any details or descriptions out of His Word, and I don't want to miss any of it. God used the writers of the Scripture to put those things down in detail for us. His Word is for us. I think that in this fast paced world that some of us make a regular habit of checking our emails, our text messages, and even our voice mail, but we forget to check those messages that are there for us from the Lord. All those messages we find in His Word were meant for us to learn from. They are important. Every word.

Matthew 4:4 says, "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment