Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday, December 11, 2014

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United

Methodist Church.

Billy, a little boy, went fishing and told his mother: “I caught a hundred fish

and all of them weighed about ten pounds and I gave them all away to the

homeless.” His Mother asked their pastor to speak to him after church about

telling the truth. The minister said: Billy, a huge gorilla came into our

church growling and told me he was going to eat me in four bites. But then a

little two pound poodle came in and killed that big gorilla right there on the

spot. Then he drug the gorilla outside, dug a hole and buried him. Now

Billy, do you believe that story? Without batting an eye, Billy, looked up

and said: “Yes, sir. I sure do. That was my dog.”

Like Billy, some people have a difficult time telling the truth. Jesus told his

followers to let your yes be yes and no be no. Whether we want to believe it

or not, each time we open our mouth our credibility is at stake. Knowing

this, let us strive for integrity by our words and actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment