Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday, May 27, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. These words are recorded by Paul for us in 1 Corinthians 9:27 “I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.”

I have noticed that people who demonstrate spiritual strength in the most difficult situations of life is self-disciplined. Self-discipline is a difficult subject for many, because it forces us to implement a plan of action that is not based on feelings. If you base anything in life on feelings rather than a set of values, you will always live your life without stability nor a sense of accomplishment. If we are not careful, our feelings will tell us to give up, quit, and go home.

The enemy desires for you to cave to your natural emotions and crumble in the face of defeat. I know that emotions can make the hair stand up on your neck but, discipline will always win the day of battle. As Paul says, we must constantly discipline ourselves so that when others look toward us they are able to see the strength of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment