Thursday, September 22, 2016

Thursday, September 22, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. I will never forget that while I was stationed at COB Speicher in Tikrit, Iraq, serving as the Battalion Chaplain for Task Force Griffin, a Soldier came to me and asked me, “Chaplain do we really have a purpose in life?” Most people, I believe come to a point where we ask ourselves if there is a point for us being here. My answer to that Soldier is the same that I give to you today. Yes, there is a purpose for us being alive at this specific moment in time.

However, it may not be so that you will win American Idol or become President of the United States. Our purpose for being here is spiritual, to love God and one another. We are to show compassion and mercy; doing all the good we can for so long as we can. You have a purpose and I invite you to journey with us at Central United Methodist Church and live your purpose today.

No comments:

Post a Comment