Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

BOB

Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central a United Methodist Community in Meridian, MS. There is a verse in the New Testament, the first Epistle of Peter actually that says, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." I like the imagery of taking the things that I'm worried about and throwing them on God. That's what the word "cast" means in the original language. Peter is telling his readers to throw their worries on God and let him take care of them.

Perhaps you think of throwing your worries as far away as you possible can. I know that no matter how far I throw them, they will eventually come back to me. Instead, I think of gently tossing my worries to Jesus who is walking beside me. I know that He will take my cares and hid them away so that they no longer control my life. In that simple act, I find the peace that God has promised to those who trust in Him. Try it! Cast your cares on God. He does care for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment