Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday, February 26, 2018

DENNIS Good Morning. I am Dennis Gossett with Central United Methodist Church. While looking at some pictures one day, my mother commented that my son looked just like me. Interestingly, I have been told that I look a lot like my father. You too have probably heard these types of comments. We all favor those in our own families. The Judeo-Christian faith teaches that we were created by God, and, therefore, bear his likeness. In other words, we look like our Father, God in heaven. If that is true, then we have an enormous family with whom we have a lot in common with. Within our family is every past and present person on the face of the earth. We all may not look exactly alike, but we all have the same humanity that connects us together. People have often wondered what God looks like, and have come up with some pretty wild images. However, to see the likeness of God is no further than the person in front of you. Sadly, some do not behave as if they bear His divine image. Nevertheless, Jesus told his disciples to love your neighbor as yourself, because we are all bound mysteriously together. Come to church and hear the one whom you favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment