Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

SABRINA When I was younger, I used to listen to those around me who had that “Damascus Road Experience” and yearn for a better story. I grew up in a loving home and was in church since before I could even remember. I often thought my story could never compare to the one who, after years of issues and bad choices, suddenly came into realization of God’s forgiveness and unending love. Some of us hear those stories that make us cry or leave us speechless, and we fight the lies that say our story won’t make a difference. But each of our stories matter. Hebrews 10:23 reminds us “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.” Unswervingly. That means without getting distracted by drama, glamor, or wishing your story were someone else’s. That means staying true to the perhaps mundane but important work of being faithful. Ordinary living is not easy. It requires dedication, perseverance, and faithful obedience to God’s call. It requires hope in the sometimes hard, everyday experience of following Jesus even though it doesn’t always make for an exciting story. No matter what that little inner voice says, yours is a story worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment