Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday, january 6, 2020

SABRINA Tomorrow would have been my daddy’s birthday. After daddy passed away, my sister and I tried to determine how to sum up a life on a headstone. We ended up with his name, the names we all had for him, and ended with simply “our legacy.” You see, my daddy was a precious, God-fearing man, who left his imprint on many, but particularly on the hearts of those who loved him. In Jeremiah 1:4-5, we are reminded “before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Have you ever thought – our nations are our homes. We have been set apart to accomplish great things. No matter what else we leave behind – and we will surely leave all these earthly possessions behind, the most important thing by far is a passion for Christ. So today, let us pause and think of our legacy, remembering that the legacy of loving God and putting Him first, is indeed the greatest gift we can leave to those most precious to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment