Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday, November 17, 2011

BOB PEDEN

Jesus said, "The Father is looking for those who will worship him. For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in Spirit and in truth." 

Growing up, I loved to play hide-n-seek. Sometimes I liked to be found. Other times, I loved the seeking and discovery of those who were hiding.

I especially loved it when there was a surprise find -- they surprised me or I surprised them.

In worship, we can love the surprises, but we need to ditch the hiding! God wants us to seek, ask, and knock. He promises to help us find, to answer, and to open the door. 

But we also need to be aware that God is seeking us too. And as the Father seeks us, the Holy Spirit draws us near and makes the joyous surprise of worship something precious!

As you seek the Father pray that He will find you and will use whatever it takes to bring you close to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment