Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday, November 3, 2011

JIM CAIN

A friend of my son approached him while he was reading the morning paper and said, “Daddy, I’m old enough to get my permit, and I want to take the test and get it.  Then when I get my full driver’s license 30 days from now, I want a brand new Ford truck.”

Steve sat there for a moment and then said, “I will agree to that if you do 3 things. You’re going to have to read your Bible every day.  You’re going to have to pull up your grades in Chemistry, and you’re going to have to get a haircut.”

Well, before you know it a month had passed and Alton was back in front of his Daddy saying, “I got my driver’s license now and I’m ready for my new truck.”

Steve smiled at his son and said, “I noticed that you’re reading your Bible everyday, your momma showed me your progress report with an A on it in Chemistry, but you still haven’t gotten a haircut, so no truck just yet.”

Never at a loss for words, even at 16, Alton quickly said, “But Daddy, Jesus had long hair.” Steve replied, “Yeah, and Jesus also walked everywhere He went.”

The longest journey in the world begins with just one step; take a step towards trusting and obeying Jesus today. You’ll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment