Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday, July 13, 2012

BOB PEDEN

Good morning. Welcome to Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious? Are you extra careful when the 13th falls on a Friday. Do you worry what will happen when you notice a black cat crossing in front of your car? Did you walk all the way to school without ever stepping on a crack in the sidewalk?

I know that I am sometimes influenced by these silly superstitions. But when I do think about Fridays and black cats and sidewalk cracks, I remember that I have a heavenly Father who is far more powerful than any superstition or evil power who may be behind them. My heavenly Father cares very deeply for me and he cares deeply for you. He will not allow anything to befall you that would take you out of his loving arms.

And so, while troubles may come to us, it is not the result of any superstition. In fact, our troubles are usually the result of our own sin. And Jesus has the answer for that, too. So, you can go about your usual activities today knowing that nothing can separate you from the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment