Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday, July 20, 2012

OWEN WEDDLE



Good morning!



I am Owen Weddle, Associate Pastor at Central United Methodist Church.



In case you don't know, I am new to Central and to the town of Meridian. I was born and raised in Mississippi, living in Brandon until I went to college. I am a graduate of Mississippi State University, and I am in the process of finishing up my Masters from Asbury Theological Seminary.



Over the past month, I have been warmly received by the people of Central and of Meridian.  It has been a joy to be here so far, and I am thankful for the hospitality I have received.



Hospitality is one of the great traditions of the Christian faith, but one that can be lost from time to time. To bring in a stranger to become part of your family can be a scary thing. It's easier to let people fend for themselves, to go out to eat at a restaurant, or to spend an evening in a hotel. But to invite a stranger into your lives and your homes is at the heart of what being a Christian is about.



Again, I want say thank you for the warm welcome, and may God bless you throughout this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment