Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday, August 17, 2012

MARY WHITTLE



Good Morning!



“I was down for so long
Everything I did was wrong
And I found fault
In everyone but me
I was hurt and alone
I could not find my way home
Broke-down and hungry
And too tired to moan
Then I heard somebody calling my name
Saying ain't no need to be shamed
I found out that the door was always open.”



Almost a retelling of the story of the Prodigal son, American blues artist, Keb Mo, wrote these words in the song, “The Door.”



How many of us, at one time or another, have felt hurt and all alone, willing to blame everyone for our problems but ourselves? If so, let me invite you to worship with us in our Contemporary Service at 8:30 am or our Traditional Service at 10:45 am.  We won't ask you where you're going or where you've been, but we will tell you we're glad you came!

No comments:

Post a Comment