Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday, November 16, 2012

JIM CAIN



GOOD MORNING!



With Thanksgiving less than a week away, I asked my youngest son what were some things he was thankful for. He thought for a moment and said “the little things” like warm beds, socks, and electricity.



Thomas Edison created the Edison Electric Illuminating Company on December 17, 1880, to produce and sell electricity. This came after Edison made over 900 light bulbs that didn’t work. 900 times he went to all the trouble of making a light bulb, plugging it in, flipping the switch, and watching while nothing happened. According to Edison, every time he made a light bulb that didn’t work, he found, “one more way not to make a light bulb.” Eventually, he made a light producing bulb. As a result, he is known as one of the greatest inventors of all times.



So it is with our faith. Most Christians failed many times before arriving at where they are today. Even the Apostle Paul confessed when he said, “For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.” Thankfully, Paul like Edison never gave up. As Believers we must be committed to our faith and not give up, learning from our mistakes one more way not to live the Christian life.

No comments:

Post a Comment