Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday, November 8, 2012

SABRINA



I often look at my family and wonder what fingerprints am I leaving on those who will come after me? I am, in part, who I am today because of the legacy my parents left to me. Legacies that were passed down to them.



Legacy is the wisdom, convictions, experiences, and values that have been handed down to us from generations before us. It shapes us, providing wisdom and direction for the next generation.

Legacy is powerful. It is a gift we are compelled to open, but after opening it, we are faced with challenges and choices. Will we accept it, share it, toss it, or rebel against it?



How has your faith been impacted by the legacies of those before, how will you impact the faith of those to come?



God gave us an example of perfect legacy through His Son, forgiving, reaching out to those in need, loving the unlovable.  No matter what our past, we all have the power to leave a Christ-like legacy for those yet to come. It is a sobering, yet powerful thought for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment