Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday, July 23, 2015

JONATHAN

John 1:14

Good morning! My name is Jonathan Crabtree. I’m the Pastor for Student

Ministry at Central United Methodist Church in downtown Meridian.

I was working with a Church mission team in Central America one summer,

and I am quite sure it was hotter than hot can be. I stayed hydrated, and I

took breaks. Yet, it was still warm. Well, then, I decided to listen to some

Christmas music as a way of cooling down. There I was singing, “Joy to the

World” and “Silent Night” on one of the hottest days I had ever experienced.

The words reminded me of cooler Christmas season memories.

Words mean something, just like in the Christmas songs I heard. Some words

in John’s Gospel remind me that the Word became flesh and lived among us. 

That means the resurrected Jesus Christ, now lives among us. He is with us

in joy, grief, and pain. When we read Scripture, we are reminded of God’s

presence with us, because of what God has done in the past. May you read

Scripture today and be reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment