Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thursday, July 9, 2015

BOB

Good morning. This is Bob Peden of Central a United Methodist Community here in Meridian, MS. Not too long ago I was traveling along I-20 through northeastern Alabama - coming home after a trip of several days. I was excited about getting back home again. I needed some gasoline for my car, so I made a quick stop in Anniston. Being distracted with thoughts of what I needed to do when I got home, I returned to the interstate headed east rather than west. Some miles later a sign indicating how far it was to Atlanta alerted me to my mistake. I was headed away from rather than towards home.

As Christians we sometimes become distracted by the home that lies ahead, and forget to pay attention to the way to get there. Jesus says, “I am the way, the truth and the life.” If we remain focused upon Him, He will lead us on the way that leads to life eternal. At Central we are a community of believers focused on “the way,” connected to one another and to God that we might not become distracted by this world or by dreams of the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment