Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

RAY

Good Morning.

The sun sank below the horizon.  The clouds blotted out the stars and moon.  Darkness swept over like a canopy.  The darkness made the hiker wary--of animals, of losing the trail, of stepping in holes--but he'd come prepared.  In his backpack he'd placed a flashlight.

During the day, as the sun lit up the man's surroundings, the flashlight was unnecessary.  More a burden than a help.  A needless accessory.  It wasn't until the darkness descended that he turned to it for light.

Like the hiker, we often cannot appreciate the Light of the world until we are faced with dark circumstances.  In the blackness we need the light more than anything else.  We need the light of hope.  We need the light that only God can give.

Psalm 27:1
   The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment