Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday, August 22, 2016

KRISTINA

Good Morning! My name is Kristina Crabtree, Minister of Spiritual Formation at Central United Methodist Church. Do you remember when you were a kid and you loved going to school? Maybe you were not that kid but there are some kids who have a goal to never miss a day of school to be able to get an award at the end of the school year.

Whether we were that kid or not, I wonder if we have taken that mentality into the workplace today. I wonder if we have the mentality that vacations are for whimps. In our culture today, our Americanized-workaholic-culture, have we taken on the role of a hero because we have achieved the “the perfect attendance” award at work this past year. I want you to encourage you to look at your work life, are you resting? Are you taking time to renew yourself to better be at your job? I know it is so hard to even think about rest in our busy world but God has created us as working-beings who need rest. I hope you find rest today and in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment