Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

TIM

Good morning. I’m Tim Wise, Sanctuary Choir Director at Central.

In the fifth chapter of the book of Galatians, we read about how our flesh desires fleshly things...things that are contrary to spiritual desires. The acts of our flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, idolatry, hatred, jealousy, envy, drunkenness, and the like. It says that those who live into those fleshly desires will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Then there are spiritual desires, otherwise known as fruits: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against these things, there is no law.

I am not here to tell you that I am perfect and have never given in to fleshly desires. I am human and, YES, “the struggle IS real.”

I am here to tell you that God wants us to strive to bear good fruits. Remain in the spirit, and let God guide you through this thing called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment