Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday, November 7, 2016

BOB

Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central a United Methodist Community in Meridian, MS. Tomorrow is election day, and I encourage you in earnest to fulfill your civic duty and to vote. But as you fulfill that duty, I encourage you as a Christian to consider how God would have you to cast that vote. We are often encouraged to vote for our own best interests, with the belief that if we all vote our own interest, the interests of the greatest good will be done.  But I would encourage you to consider not voting your own interest but the interest of the least and last in our world.

Our God showed himself in Jesus Christ to always be on the side of the widows, the orphans, and the outcasts. For whom you vote tomorrow, I will leave for you to determine. But I encourage the Christians out there to cast their vote not for ourselves but for the least among us.

No comments:

Post a Comment