Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday, July 17, 2017

SABRINA



Recently our grandson, Brett, was playing with his cousin Miley, who was making jewelry.  He suddenly called to me, telling me he told Miley all earrings did not have to match. At this point I realized he was making his mother a pair of earrings.  I told him they could be however he wanted them to be.

I texted his mother to tell her she would be getting a mismatched pair of earrings.  To MY surprise, they were for me. If you see me sporting a pair of mismatched earrings, you know the story. 



It DID, however, make me start thinking of how my earrings are a lot like Christians. We want to think as Christians we should be matching sets, we are different. We come from different backgrounds, have different personalities and ways of dealing with things, yet we DO indeed make a set, a unique set, a set that completely fills God's purpose in His world.

While the Apostle Paul may have described us in 1 Corinthians Chapter 12 as needed but different parts of the human body, my earrings from a sweet little boy will serve as my reminder of our unique, yet different parts of God's set,  a set called to reach out to others telling of God's great love for everyone, no matter their differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment