Thursday, June 17, 2010

Friday, June 11,2010

Good Morning:
JIM WALL

I have the privilege and honor of sharing communion, each month, with Clovis Wright and his daughter, Annie. Clovis is 80 years old, and he and Annie are both retired ministers. One day, after sharing communion, Clovis said, “I want to sing!” so, he headed off to another room on his power chair pulling this oxygen tube he was wearing behind the chair.

Soon he was back with a hymnal that he gave to Annie. As the three of us began singing, I couldn’t help but watch Clovis. He sat in his chair with the oxygen tubes behind his ears, hands propped on a waling stick, tapping his foot with his eyes looking to heaven. He sang all the hymns from memory. I thought, “This man really loves God.” Then I prayed, “God help me to inspire others as Clovis has inspired me today.” Is there anything special you want to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment