Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1, 2010

GOOD MORNING!
Rev. Jim Cain
Not too long ago, my wife and I were taking a trip. We had checked all the airlines and found that our best deal was going to be flying out of the airport in New Orleans, LA.

While we were standing there checking in, four people were standing over in the corner squalling and weeping like there was no tomorrow. A man was hugging an older woman and a man and telling them goodbye. Then the man left with a younger woman, and went over to the entrance of the chute that went up into the airplane. He held this young woman, and they squalled and looked at one another. Then he, with his head down, disappeared up the runway. Then the three people joined one another and started squalling, they even had my wife and me crying they were carrying on so.

About this time the man stuck his head around from the opening of the entranceway and waved at the group saying, “I’ll see ya’ll Tuesday!”

Sadly, many of us spend more time and energy preparing for short trips or vacations than we do preparing for where we’ll spend all of eternity.

Have you thought about where you will be when you die, if not let me encourage you to do that today!

1 comment:

  1. I am an editor for Christian.com which is a social network dedicated to the christian community. As I look through your web site I feel a collaboration is at hand. I would be inclined to acknowledge your website offering it to our users as I'm sure our Methodist audience would benefit from what your site has to offer. I look forward to your thoughts or questions regarding the matter.

    Robert Wright
    rev.robertwright@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete