Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jim Wall

Good Morning!
A missionary wrote a newsletter to thank his supporters for being “prayer warriors.”  Because of a typing error, he called them “prayer worriers.”  For some of us, that might be an accurate description.
I was once a prayer worrier.  Many of my prayers were of the gloomy desperation type.  I would beg, “Oh Lord, please keep our neighbor from causing problems,” or “Please God, don’t let that person treat me this way.”
At some point in my life, I realized that it was better to pray for people rather than against them.  A better prayer would be, “Lord, bless and encourage my neighbor and help him to sense your love.”
When you pray for others, watch how God works in their lives and in yours.  If nothing else happens, it will surely bring you peace.  Try it, you’ll like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment