Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday, October 7, 2011

BOB RAMBO

Hi!  I'm Bob Rambo, Lead Pastor at Central United Methodist Church.  I have a friend who lives in the Mississippi Delta.  He's almost 80 years old.  His father was a pilot in World War I - in the days of biplanes, open cockpits, and leather helmets.  

One day my friend asked his dad: When you were in the war, were you ever afraid there was a bullet out there with your name on it? His dad told him: I wasn't afraid of the bullet with MY name on it; if it's YOUR time, it's your time.  But I was scared to death of all those labeled “To Whom It May Concern”!  

We may not want to acknowledge it, but there's a LOT more “to whom it may concern” in life than we care to admit.  Sometimes things happen and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to them.

But the Bible assures us that God is with us, and that God is working through all the events and circumstances of our lives to bring forth something good, positive, and life-giving.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment