Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011

JIM CAIN

I had walked too far, ending up in a neighborhood unfamiliar to me.  A glance at my cell phone told me the battery had long since died.  The streetlights came on, and I hurried from one pale pool of light to the next, desperately searching for some familiar landmark.

Finally, admitting I was lost, I approached a house where the movement of a curtain in the front window suggested someone was home.  Hoping for directions or the use of a phone, I knocked on the door.

The man who opened the door appeared strangely pleased to see me, as though he had been waiting on someone he didn’t know.  With a smile he ushered me into the dimly lit room.  Responding to my  confession of being lost he said, “So, then no one knows you’re here.” And as he finished talking I heard a key turn in the lock.

Do you ever feel lost and afraid in this world? In John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me”

No comments:

Post a Comment