Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BOB PEDEN

Good morning.  This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church.  Let me begin by sharing an Aesop Fable with you.  A rather timid hunter was searching for the tracks of a lion. He came across a woodsman chopping down a huge oak tree and asked him if he had seen any lion tracks during the day, "Oh yeah, I have," said the man, "not only have I seen the tracks, I can show you the lion. I know right where he is.” The hunter, turning very pale, whispered, "No, thank you. I am only looking for the tracks; I do not really want to find the lion."  

For many people that defines our relationship with God.  We want to see where he has been. What he has done in others' lives.  But we really do not want to come face to face with him ourselves.  That might involve change, challenge, even danger; we often crave stability, ease and safety.  So today, I challenge you to look for the lion; do not settle for the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment