Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

BOB PEDEN



In Mark, Chapter 7 we read that, they brought to [Jesus] one who was deaf and they begged Him to put His hand on him ... Immediately his ears were opened.



What a beautiful display of power and love. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to be deaf. What would I miss the most?  The chirping of the birds at the break of dawn? The words "I love you" spoken by a dear friend? Or the songs of praise lifted up to God when Christians gather?



While I can't imagine not being able to hear any of those beautiful sounds, I can say, with sadness, that I don't always listen to those things that I have the ability to hear. I don't always listen to the cries for help that come from those in need around me. And I don't always listen to God as He speaks to me.

Sometimes I am distracted. Sometimes there is other "noise" which makes it hard to listen. But sometimes I keep my hands firmly over my ears to avoid hearing.



With a need much like the deaf man in Mark 7, I come begging Jesus to "put his hand" on me and to open my ears that I may truly hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment