Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday, April 5, 2013

SABRINA



Recently, Brett and Hunter, two of our grandsons, were at the house playing.  An argument ensued and Hunter comes running to tell me saying Brett said something ugly.



After trying to get the truth out of the boys, Brett finally looks at me with big five year old eyes and says, “B, IF my voice said it, my ears did NOT hear it.”  From this small child came an insightful look at how we, as adults, often reason within ourselves.



Do our ears REALLY hear what our voice says? - to our parents, to our spouse, our friends, our co-workers? The tongue is the most powerful muscle in our body.



How is our “voice” HEARD by OTHERS? Do our words, the tone of our voice, build others up or tear them down.



Today, as I still smile thinking of Brett's dilemma with truth that day, I am reminded of Psalm 19:14   “May the WORDS of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing and acceptable to you O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.”



Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment