Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday, April 4, 2013

BOB PEDEN



Good morning. This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. This past Sunday, Easter, we sang these words: “Our God is risen, He is alive, He won the victory, He reigns on high.” I bet most churches sang something very similar.



But many of us are singing a different tune on Monday morning. Our God may be risen, but he has gone somewhere else. He may be alive, but I haven't heard from him lately. He may have won the victory back then, but life is overwhelming me now. And yes, he reigns on high, but he does not have any influence here, in my world.



Is that your song too?  Then, I would encourage you to re-examine your relationship with the God who is as alive and active in our world as he has ever been. He is my present help and my faithful friend. And I try my very best to walk with him throughout every day. If you want to know this kind of very real God, get involved in a church like Central United Methodist and in its mission; and if you are seeking Him, he will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment