Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

BOB PEDEN



In his book “Called to the Fire” Chet Bush tells the life story of Rev. Charles Johnson, who has pastored Fitkins Memorial Church of the Nazarene here in Meridian for more than 50 years. Bush tells of a time in Rev. Johnson's life when he was finishing Bible School in West Virginia and preparing for his first appointment. He had made it clear to at least 3 people and to God himself, that the one place he did not want to serve was in Mississippi. He had heard about Mississippi. But when he sat down with his superintendent, Meridian, Mississippi, was where he was to be sent.



This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. I can't tell you how many times in my life I have told God “I will go anywhere for you but . . . or I will do anything for you but  . .” and then it has turned out, that was exactly where and what God wanted for me. I pray that, as God calls me, I, like Rev. Johnson, will walk into the fire, with Jesus at my side.  I also pray that one day I will learn to not tell God what I will not do.

No comments:

Post a Comment