Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday, January 6, 2014

jim cain

Good Morning!

The other day I struck up a conversation with a man while I was waiting in line at the Super Wal-mart. I wasn't there to make a purchase, but to return several things I had been given at Christmas that either didn't fit or I didn't need. As we both stood in the ridiculously long return line, he began to talk about how unfriendly the people were in our community. “I guess it's just people in general these days, but the last two places I have lived the people have just been rude and stand-offish." As these words left his mouth a young girl with two young children in tow asked the man if she could cut in front of us since she only had one item and both our carts were filled to capacity. The man looked at the young mother with disgust and yelled," I'm sorry but NO YOU CAN'T GET IN FRONT OF US LADY!"

The young girl fled to the other end of the store before I could offer her my spot in line, but the rudeness on the part of my new acquaintance reminded me that if we want to change our world, we must first be willing to change ourselves. Until then, we will never experience the kindness of others. Once this lesson is learned by all of us, we may be surprised at how nice a place the world becomes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment