Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday, January 25, 2014

jim cain

Good Morning!

Last Monday I had gone to lunch with a friend of mine named JB. We got through eating and walked up to the cash register. A beautiful blonde lady was standing behind the register taking up money, and while I was handing her our check, JB reached over in a bowl of loose tooth picks by the register, got him one, and commenced to picking his teeth. I mean he was really getting after it right there in the front of that nice restaurant. The lady's mouth fell open and she just stared at JB, well after a moment JB took the toothpick and stuck it back over in the bowl. Noticing that she was staring at him JB smiled and said, “I bet a lot of people use those tooth picks and then walk off with them don't they?” The woman still didn't say a word but handed me the entire amount of money I had given her back and motioned for us to leave.

Do you feel like the world has chewed you up and spit you back out?  If so, let me invite you to come eat with us tonight at 5:30 at Central UMC and then hang around long enough to go to Bible Study or just make some new Christian friends who will care about you when life seems like it's about to overwhelm you.

No comments:

Post a Comment