Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday, Febuary 24, 2014

DENNIS

Good Morning. While looking at pictures one day, my
mother said that my son looks just like me when I was his
age. Interestingly, I have been told that I look a lot like my
father. You too have probably heard these types of
comments. We all favor those in our own families.

The Judeo­Christian faith teaches that we were created by
God, and therefore bear his likeness. In other words, we
look like our Father, God in heaven. If that is true, than we
have an enormous family with whom we have a lot in
common with.

Within our family is every past and present person on the
face of the earth. We all may not look exactly alike, but we
all have the same humanity that connects us together.

People have often wondered what God looks like, and have
come up with some pretty wild images. However, to see the
likeness of God is no further than the person in front of you.
Sadly, some do not behave as if they bear His divine
image. Nevertheless, Jesus told his disciples to love your
neighbor as yourself, because we are all bound
mysteriously together. This is Dennis Gossett for Central
United Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment