Thursday, August 28, 2014

Thursday, August 28, 2014

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. My wife and I enjoy going to antique malls and shows where you see different collections of items from previous generations. I always look at some of the most beautiful furniture and glassware and wonder when it was purchased originally? Was it a gift from a loved one or maybe the owner had to save for month’s to purchase it?
The stories of these items will really never be known I guess and neither will the stories of the items that we treasure. Jesus said for us not to store up a lot of “stuff” for ourselves here on earth because things can be stolen, broken and even sold off. Instead he said to lay up for ourselves treasures in heaven where they will last for eternity.

I hope that today you will add one more piece to your heavenly storehouse. Maybe you will share a good word with a friend or do a kind deed for someone in need. I realize that those simple acts of kindness don’t seem that impressive but on that great day in God’s Kingdom your mansion will be filled with treasures that you placed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment