Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thursday, January 1, 2015

JOHN

Happy New Year! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United

Methodist Church.

Is it just me or did 2014 just fly by before our eyes. I was always told as a

kid that the older you get the faster time goes by. That is not entirely true. A

day is a day, 365 days are still a year, and it all goes by one minute at time.

The difference I believe is that we are choosing to live life at such a high

speed that we never stop to enjoy the moments. Maybe, we feel that if we

are overstretched and always busy that means we are a success.

I am like many of you, my schedule is always packed and there never seems

to be enough time to make it all happen. Yet, whether I get something done

today or not doesn’t mean that the day was wasted.

I am afraid that we are missing out on having spiritual influence on others,

because we are not slowing down enough to share our stories. God created

us to be in relationship, to be in community. I hope that will be a priority

for us this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment