Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday, Febuary 20, 2015

JIM CAIN

One of my favorite Disney movies is the Lion King. The Lion King tells the

story of Simba, a young lion who is to succeed his father, Mufasa, as king.

My favorite scene in the film is when Simba is being born and Rafiki, the

Baboon that acts as the King’s advisor, brings him outside and holds him up

toward the heavens as the animal kingdom pays tribute to their future ruler.

This is how I felt 16 years ago on this day when my oldest son was born. I

held him up and thought about how much promise his life held and how

much I loved him, my namesake, my legacy. To this day he and his brother

are two of the most important things in my life.

So with that in mind I can only imagine how much God must love us, that

He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not

perish, but have eternal life.

And yet, we squander these precious lives filling them with things God

finds wrong and hurtful. Often times turning our backs on Him altogether

until a crisis arises and we need a spiritual “bailing out.” Let me encourage

you to take stock of your life and the price that was paid for it and then go

out and do something meaningful with it giving God all the love he

deserves in loving us first!

No comments:

Post a Comment