Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday, Febuary 2, 2015

JIM CAIN

An example of faith can be found on the wall of a WWII concentration

camp. On its surface a prisoner had carved:
“I believe in the sun, even though it doesn’t shine; I believe in love, even

when it isn’t shown. I believe in God, even when He doesn’t speak.” I close

my eyes and try to imagine the person who wrote those words. I can almost

see his skeletal hand gripping the broken glass or stone that he used to cut

those words into the wall.                                                                                            

                 I try to imagine his eyes, squinting through the darkness  as he

carved out each individual letter. What kind of man  had such conviction

and resolve.?  What eyes could have seen God in the midst of such horror?

There is only one answer. Eyes that  understood the words of Paul, “while

we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not

seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are

not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:18).  Do you see the unseen? Where do

you focus your vision? Let me encourage you to take a closer look today.

You’ll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment