Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday, March 25, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. I always knew that I wanted to serve my country, even as a little boy. I was able to envision being a warrior that could defeat any enemy that I faced. I loved the image of a Soldier, because he was strong, unafraid, and willing to sacrifice to complete the mission. He was the ideal image of “Iron”.

In Provers 27:17, it is recorded that as Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another. As a follower of Jesus, you and I are the iron that the writer of this proverb speaks of. We are directed to be people of strength who will defy the odds and press forward in the toughest moments of life. Ultimately, we are to be warriors that are unashamed of our mission, confident in our God, and ready to move at the commander’s call.

This is what is required of you “IronMaker”. I ask you today, are you up for the challenge? If you are, then I invite you to our Central community of faith and to check out our website at Central United Methodist Church.Org and learn more about being an IronMaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment